Environmental and social policy statement
Goldtree is committed to meeting the needs of its customers, consumers, suppliers, employees and communities in an environmentally and socially sustainable manner. The company commits to ensuring continuous improvement of all its environmental and social performance in its operational activities.
Goldtree management believes that, while it can achieve much within its own business, sustainable development is best pursued through partnership. Therefore, Goldtree will work towards the improvement of knowledge, dissemination of best practice and a common programme of action where appropriate.
Goldtree will work in partnership with local groups and communities to understand our social and environmental impact and imperatives.
Goldtree is committed to the preservation of its environmental surroundings through:
– assessing all environmental impacts associated with from its business activities by undertaking detailed studies, in accordance with international best practice;
– developing processes and practices which reduce environmental risks and impacts to an acceptable level; and
– developing systems for environmental management as part of its day-to-day operational practice and implementing ongoing management controls and reporting procedures to all stakeholders.
Goldtree is committed to maintaining its social licence to operate through:
– assessing all social impacts by undertaking detailed studies by country experts on its surrounding community and employees;
– ensuring the safety of its products and operations in order to operate in a sustainable manner;
– where feasible, the company will require its customers, partners and suppliers within the supply chain to adopt the same level of environmental and social practice; and
– ensuring employees, contractors and suppliers are aware of the Company’s environmental and social policy and are motivated and empowered to apply it through the necessary education, training and support.
Goldtree will adhere to the criteria set by country legislation as well as good international industry practice, as reflected in various internationally recognised sources, including the World Bank Group Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines and the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
The Company is committed to the principles and criteria of the RSPO aiming to become a member and acquire ISO 14001 certification in the near future.
Goldtree will work with industry bodies, government agencies and other relevant organisations to promote environmental and social care, increase knowledge and disseminate best practice.
The Company has committed to providing the information and advice necessary for the safe production, use and disposal of its products.
Goldtree will monitor and review the performance of the Company’s environmental and social policy and management plans on an annual basis with its shareholders.